Sato Adds

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Riggs a.k.a Fernando will be missed...



14 years ago I had the great fortune of adopting Rigatoni “Fernando” aka Riggs from Sterling Animal Shelter. My little bear cub was saved off the beaches of Puerto Rico by Gloria and her pals in March 2004. He was 8 or 10 weeks old when I adopted him - my sweet boy with the blue tongue and most beautiful brown eyes. Riggs lived a full and healthy life as my constant sidekick - walks every day, a huge yard for digging his bunkers to hide in, a sister dog who drove him nuts but he loved her anyway, and four cats who he begrudgingly enjoyed.
He was handsome as could be and always loved grooming day. He was a great swimmer, fantastic smoocher, and the love of my life. Sadly I had to say goodbye to him yesterday. Old age got the best of him. I will always be grateful to Gloria and those amazing volunteers in Puerto Rico for saving him and sending him to Sterling. Much love and gratitude. 
Sandra Gittlen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket